It’s hard to believe, but we’re more than a third of the way through 2014. During that time there has been a lot of news related to digital video marketing, particularly when it comes to the way that social media platforms are using digital video advertisements. Beyond the latest upgrades in advertising tactics and technology, there have been a variety of video marketing trends that we have seen becoming more popular throughout the first four months of the year.
Here are some of the biggest video marketing trends that have impacted advertisers so far this year, and will continue to do so for the next eight months:
• Increase in video-sharing and playing apps. The last couple years have seen a huge increase in the amount of people using apps on mobile devices to watch digital videos. Because of upgrades to mobile chat apps, including WhatsApp, Snapchat and Facebook Messenger, more people are now using those apps to share videos as well. Estimates indicate that more than 50 billion messages will be sent through these apps this year, and a larger percentage than ever will be in video format.
• More people are clicking on videos in emails. Studies indicate that click-through rates to view emails increased drastically just by adding the word “video” in the subject line. People are interested in seeing videos that companies are sharing.
• More effective use of content. People want to be given more content in less time. This is mostly due to the rise in mobile browsing; people are browsing on-the-go and want information as quickly as possible, so they’re more likely to view a short video than read a couple paragraphs of text.
• More people viewing videos. In general, there are simply more people viewing video content online than ever. In a survey of more than 600 marketing professionals, more than 93% said that they have emphasized a use on video content over the last year. This has continued into 2014; more and more professionals are realizing the value of video marketing.
• Storytelling growing more important. People have much higher standards than ever for digital videos. The most effective types of advertisements now by far are those that use animation or people to tell the story for the brand.
At Spin Creative, we can help you stay ahead of the curve in your digital marketing campaign. Contact us today to learn more about how video marketing can benefit your business, especially in an era where the use and effectiveness of video marketing is so rapidly increasing.
About Spin Creative
Spin Creative is a creative agency specializing in brand storytelling to engage, inspire and activate audiences. We design each project to engage viewers, increase audience reach and ultimately help power the success of a campaign, idea or brand.
If you need high impact advertising, digital and social brand storytelling to propel audience engagement, shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 206.686.6278 (Seattle) or 415.767.3645 (San Francisco). Our offices are in Seattle and San Francisco but we travel all over the world for our clients.