Brands stand to gain a lot of attention with the smart use of high-quality video content. That phrase “smart use” is important — even if you develop a great video or series of videos, it likely will not help if you do not develop a comprehensive video marketing strategy for your brand.
Here are a few tips to help you develop a video marketing strategy for your brand:
- Know your audience: Before you begin planning out a strategy for your videos, make sure you know exactly who your target audience is. What are their interests and pain points? What are their demographics? Create a sort of profile of your target customer and market directly to that person.
- Know your goals: What are you hoping to accomplish with your video marketing? Some potential goals could include teaching your audience how to use your product, helping your customers learn valuable new skills, building a personality for your brand, building your company’s culture and telling your brand’s story.
- Use a variety of video types: By incorporating different types of videos into your marketing plan, you will learn which work best for your company and get the most engagement out of your audience. The three main categories of videos include testimonials, storytelling videos and how-to videos.
- Focus on a single message with each video: Trying to say too much in a single video will only serve to confuse your audience, which will make your videos less effective. When developing a script and a general plan for your video, make sure there is a single overarching message you want your viewers to take away from it.
- Keep it brief: Studies show a significant portion of users will stop watching a video after just 10 seconds if it does not pull them in. If the video is too long, they will also eventually tune out. Therefore, you need to be able to quickly grab the attention of your viewers while also being mindful of how long you expect them to pay attention to you. In general, anywhere between 30 and 90 seconds will work just fine.
Perhaps the most important tip of all is to work with a team of professionals who have experience not just in developing videos, but establishing full marketing strategies to help you get the most out of your video marketing. For more information about the services we provide, contact us today at Spin Creative.