Most people think that video marketing only extends to advertisements on television and web, but there are other options for how you can leverage video to increase engagement with your brand. One of these options is engaging in video blogging.
Video blogging is similar to standard written blogging, but it’s done with a person behind camera and can offer a bit more visual stimulation than your average blog.
However, if you’re going to make your video blogs a success, there are certain tips you should keep in mind. These include:
- Don’t be boring. First and foremost, you need to make sure that whoever is behind the camera is someone that people are actually going to enjoy listening to. They should be a good public speaker and understand how to emote to an audience to keep them invested. You can’t just sit there and read from a prompter; you need to be engaging and offer your viewers something other than just an audio/visual version of your latest blog post.
- Make sure the production value is high quality. Use quality video and audio recording equipment, have good lighting, choose a good environment for your video and make sure all subjects are well-positioned in the screen. People will tune out quickly if it looks like you shot the video on your phone or a camcorder straight out of the 90s.
- Editing is your friend. Smooth out your transitions, and make sure you edit out any glitches or rough spots. Add music or helpful graphics when necessary. All of these things will go a long way toward improving the overall quality of your video.
- Choose the right topics. Not all topics are meant for video blogging. Taking it to video should add something to the content and get people invested on a deeper level in the content you’re presenting.
- Keep it brief. Remember, people are only going to want to spend a couple minutes watching most online videos before they move on to something else. You need to cater to the short attention spans of people on the internet. Pack your message as tightly as possible.
For more tips on getting your video blog started, speak to us today at Spin Creative!
About Spin Creative
Spin Creative is a creative agency specializing in brand storytelling to engage, inspire and activate audiences. We design each project to engage viewers, increase audience reach and ultimately help power the success of a campaign, idea or brand.
If you need high impact advertising, digital and social brand storytelling to propel audience engagement, shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 206.686.6278 (Seattle) or 415.767.3645 (San Francisco). Our offices are in Seattle and San Francisco but we travel all over the world for our clients.