As you are certainly aware, having a strong digital marketing presence and strategy is more important than ever. But what are the steps to creating a strategy that will help your company get to where you want it to be?
Here are a few steps you can take.
- Create a long-term roadmap for your company: Consider the long-term vision your company has for its marketing and how your digital marketing strategy can help you get there. Consider establishing mini, 90-day plans that will help you make measurable progress toward your end goal, and having other achievable, smaller milestones to help you make progress along the way.
- Bring your core activities in-house: It is strongly recommended that digital marketers maintain ownership or at least closely collaborate with other agencies on issues related to customer insight (behavior, trends, etc.), strategy and analysis and optimization. Details matter a lot in these particular areas, and the people who are closest to your company will know the details the best.
- Focus on your core inbound channels: There are many paid, owned and earned media channels that can help you to gain better visibility and outpace your competitors. These include SEO, content marketing, Google Adwords, social media marketing, email marketing and display advertising.
- Spend time on evaluation and optimization: Marketers repeatedly say they believe more time could be spent on planning, evaluation and optimization to produce better digital marketing results. Evaluation and optimization are particularly important. Without taking the time to evaluate the effectiveness of certain marketing activities and to them optimize a campaign based on the results and findings of those evaluations, you will be unable to improve your marketing efforts consistently.
- Integrate whenever possible: Integration of various digital marketing channels is a major challenge for marketers in today’s world. Some techniques that might alleviate those challenges include balancing paid, owned and earned media investment, reducing the number of specialist agencies to a single full-service agency and creating campaign plans that consider all channels from the get-go.
Spin Creative is here to be your guide through your digital marketing journey. For more information about our services, we encourage you to contact us today.