In today’s business world, it’s imperative that you do everything you can to market yourself well on social media and other online platforms. However, the essence of marketing remains the ability to form meaningful relationships with your customers. Creating a strong business relationship in turn creates more opportunities to generate sales and other business opportunities.
But how do you create these types of relationships online, without being able to use normal face-to-face tactics?
- Be genuine. Once you’ve established yourself as a business, you still have the ability o have organic interactions with people online. Your blogs and social media posts are a great opportunity for you to show a little personality and giving people opportunities to talk directly with you while still strengthening your brand. Always make sure that your interactions come off as genuine, because people can sense marketing speak from a mile away.
- Join conversations. Don’t feel like you have to be the one to start every conversation online. Find topics of interest and jump into discussions that are already happening on platforms like Twitter. So long as you keep your interactions professional and refrain from posting anything inflammatory or inappropriate, this is a great way to reach out to your customers.
- Don’t spam. While it’s ok to post stuff that links back to your website every now and then, that shouldn’t be all you do—it comes off as spammy. Instead, provide information that your followers will find useful or interesting. This will make people more interested in following you and learning more about your brand.
- Give back. Show your appreciation for people who follow you or have given you a lot. Endorse them on LinkedIn, share their content on social media and more. The more you give, the more you will receive.
- Seek high-quality followers. Social media is all about quality over quantity. It’s better to have a smaller group of dedicated followers than a huge group of people that don’t really pay any attention to your content. Instead, target your social media outreach toward people who are interested in what you have to say, and focus on building relationships with them.
For more tips about crafting strong business relationships, reach out to us today at Spin Creative.
About Spin Creative
Spin Creative is a creative agency specializing in brand storytelling to engage, inspire and activate audiences. We design each project to engage viewers, increase audience reach and ultimately help power the success of a campaign, idea or brand.
If you need high impact advertising, digital and social brand storytelling to propel audience engagement, shoot us an email at email@example.com or call us at 206.686.6278 (Seattle) or 415.767.3645 (San Francisco). Our offices are in Seattle and San Francisco but we travel all over the world for our clients.